All areas of the Early Years Curriculum are important and interconnected.
- The prime areas work together and are necessary for children to develop in all other areas
- The specific areas ensure children strengthen and apply knowledge from they have developed in the prime areas. They also support children to develop essential skills so they can succeed in society.
- Personal, Social and
- Emotional Development
- Physical Development Moving and handling
- Communication and Language Listening and attention
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
We strive to ensure the children are excited to learn we do this by planning child initiated lessons based on Children’s interests.
- Ongoing assessment are an important part of the learning and development process in reception.
- This involves the adults in class observing children to understand their level of achievement, interests & Learning styles.
- We will keep you up to date with your child’s progress during parent’s evenings, reports and day to day chats.