All areas of the Early Years Curriculum are important and interconnected.
- The prime areas work together and are necessary for children to develop in all other areas
- The specific areas ensure children strengthen and apply knowledge from they have developed in the prime areas. They also support children to develop essential skills so they can succeed in society.
- Personal, Social and
- Emotional Development
- Physical Development Moving and handling
- Communication and Language Listening and attention
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
We strive to ensure the children are excited to learn, we do this by planning child initiated opportunities based on the children’s interests.
- Ongoing assessments are an important part of the learning and development process in reception.
- This involves the adults in class observing children to understand their level of achievement, interests & Learning styles.
- We will keep you up to date with your child’s progress during parent’s evenings, reports, online observations and day to day conversations.
- We see the importance of parents being part of the ongoing assessment process. So as well as receiving regular observations from the Tapestry app, parents can also add their observations to their child’s online learning journey. This helps us to build the whole picture of every child.
Home/School Links and Key Worker System
We recognise that parents/carers are the child’s first and most enduring educators. When parents/carers and practitioners work together in early years settings, the results have a positive impact on the child’s development. A successful partnership needs to be a two-way flow of information, knowledge and expertise. We believe that every child having a key worker in a small key worker group supports every child in getting the very best out of their all round, learning experience in the Early Years.