School Development Plan
The School Development Plan contains all plans for school improvement. This includes all subject areas and aspect plans such as Leadership, Teaching and Learning, Behaviour and EYFS. Within this large development plan is ‘The School Improvement Plan’ which contains high priority areas that will drive school improvement forward for the period of April 2016 to March 2017 and ultimately raise standards.
The School Improvement Plan and all subject areas will be reviewed in March 2016. The new priorities will be set following the analysis of the data and thorough school self-evaluation.
Within The School Improvement Plan, section for 2016/17, six main areas have been identified. These areas have received more money than other areas in order to support their development. Staff meeting time will be arranged to discuss, train and decide as a whole staff the way in which to improve these six areas. The areas chosen to focus upon are
- Assessment: Embed English and Maths assessment and develop assessment of Foundation Subjects.
- English: To raise standards in all aspects of English.
- Maths: To raise standards in all aspects of Maths.
- ICT: To develop the Computing curriculum.
- R.E. (Religious Education): To introduce the new mission statement, improve Worship and develop assessment.
- Disadvantaged Pupils: To improve attainment and progress for disadvantaged pupils throughout school.