School Development Plan
The School Development Plan contains all plans for school improvement. This includes all subject areas and aspect plans such as Leadership, Teaching and Learning, Behaviour and EYFS. Within this large development plan is ‘The School Improvement Plan’ which contains high priority areas that will drive school improvement forward and ultimately raise standards.
The School Improvement Plan and all subject areas will be reviewed on a termly basis following the analysis of each Subject Leaders Situation Report. The new priorities will be set following the analysis of the data and thorough school self-evaluation.
Within The School Improvement Plan, section for 2020/21, five main areas have been identified. These areas have received more money within the school budget, than other areas, in order to support their development. Staff meeting time will be arranged to discuss, train and decide as a whole staff the way in which to improve these five areas. The areas chosen to focus upon are:
- English: To further develop English pedagogy in order to improve writing attainment and progress.
To further embed reading strategies in order to improve reading attainment and progress.
- RE: To develop a vision statement.
- Well being: To ensure a positive mindset in order to allow personal growth and development.
- Formative assessment: To further develop formative assessment strategies in order to improve outcomes for all children.
- SRE: To review our policy and practice in relation to SRE.
These areas are considered a priority following the scrutiny of IDSR/ASP, LSIP, School Self Evaluation and our latest Ofsted report.